1. In 1962, the story of Helen Keller’s life ____ into a film.
a) made b) had made √c) was made d) has been made
2. The best passive form of the sentence ‘What do you want?’ is:
a) what was wanting by you?
√b) what is wanted by you?
c) what was wanted by you?
d) what is wanting by you?
3. The correct passive form of ‘We don’t like idle people’ is:
a) We are not liked by idle people
b) Idle people are not liked us
c) Idle people are not of our liking
√d) Idle people are not liked by us
4. The correct active voice of ‘That house has not been lived in for years.’
a) No one has been living in that house for years
b) No one ever lived in that house for years
√c) Nobody has lived in that house for years
d) Nobody had been living for years in that house
5. Choose the correct passive voice of the following sentence: All of his friends laughed at him.
a) He laughed at all of his friends
√b) He was laughed at by all of his friends
c) All he is friends had laughed at him
d) All his friends were laughed at by him
6. The parcel ___ tomorrow.
√a) will be delivered
b) will deliver
c) will be delivering
d) will have delivery
7. The passive form of ‘The storm damaged the banyan tree’ is best expressed in
a) The storm resulted in the of the banyan tree
√b) The banyan tree was damaged by the storm
c) The banyan tree damaged was a consequence of the storm
d) The storm led to the damaged of the banyan tree
8. Which one is the correct passive voice of ‘who will help you’?
√a) By whom will you be helped?
b) By who will you be helped?
c) Who will be helped by you?
d) By whom you will be helped?
9. The passive of ‘Who taught you French?’ is:
√a) By whom were you taught French?
b) By whom French was taught you?
c) French was taught you by whom?
d) By whom has French taught?
10. The passive voice of ‘Who has broken the glass?’
a) Who was broken the glass?
b) By whom was the glass broken?
c) By Whom has the glass broken?
√d) By whom has the glass been broken?
11. When should we use the passive sentence?
√a) When the doer is less important
b) When the doer is more important
c) When the subject is very short
d) When we use an informal style
12. Choose the active form of the sentence- The cheques are being signed by the manager.
√a)The manager is singing the cheques.
b) The manager signed the cheques
c) The manager was signing the cheques
d) The manager has been signing the cheques.
13. Do not close the door. The passive form of the sentence is ____
a) Let not the door close
√b) Let not the door be closed
c) Let not the door be close
d) Let not the door closed
14. Passive voice of- ‘Didn’t she know anything about the Sunderbans?’
√a) Was nothing about the Sunderbans known to her?
b) Was nothing about the Sunderbans known by her?
c) Were she not known anything about the Sunderbans?
d) Was the Sunderbans known by her
15. Let me do the sum. (Choose the Correct passive form)
a) Let the sum is to be done by me.
b) Let the sum done be me.
c) Let the sum being done by me.
√d) Let the sum be done by me.
16. ‘Honey tastes sweet’- Which one of the following specifies the passive form of the sentence?
a) Sweet is tasted by me
b) Let the honey tasted sweet
c) Honey tasted sweet
√d) Honey is sweet when it is tasted
17. ‘I eat rice’- Which one of the following specifies the passive form of the sentence?
√a) Rice is eaten by me
b) Rice was eaten by me
c) Rice has eaten by me
18. The passive form of ‘Let her sing a song’, is:
√a) Let a song be sung by her
b) Let a song be by her
c) Let a song sing be her
d) Let a song sung by her
19. ‘I do not like puffed rice’. The passive voice of the sentence is:
a) Puffed rice not liked by me
b) Puffed rice did not liked by me
c) Puffed rice was not liked by me
√d) Puffed rice is not liked by me
20. Which is correct?
√a) A friend in need is a friend indeed.
b) A friend in need is a friend indeed
c) A friend in needs is a friend indeed
d) The friend in needs has a friend indeed.
21. The passive voice form of the sentence ‘A child could not have done this mischief’ is:
√a)This mischief could not have been done by a child.
b)This mischief could not been done by a child.
c) This mischief could not be done by a child.
d) This mischief a child not have been done.
22. Choose the correct passive form the sentence: He knew that his own life was unjust.
a) He was known that his own life was unjust.
b) He was known to him that he was in a unjust life of his own.
c) It was known that it was unjust his own life.
√d) It was known to him that his own life was unjust.
23. The correct active voice of the sentence ‘It is known to me how it was done by him’.
a) I know how he was done it
b) I know how he has done it
√c) I know how he did it
d) I knew how he did it
24. Choose the correct passive form- ‘One should keep one’s promise.’
a) One’s promise should be kept by him.
b) A promise should be kept.
√c) One’s promise should be kept by one.
d) One’s promise should be kept by himself.
25. We ___ by a loud noise during the night.
√a) were woken up
b) are woken up
c) woke up
d) were taking up
26. He has given me a book (into passive voice)
a) a book was given to me by him.
√b) A book has been given to me by him
c) A book has given to me by him
d) A book had been given me by him
27. Choose the correct voice of ‘The company offered me a job’.
a) I am offered a job by the company
√b) I was offered a job by the company
c) A job was offer to me by the company
d) A job is offered to me be the company.
28. ‘I remember my sister taking me to the museum’. Choose the best expression for passive.
a) I remember I was taken to the museum.
b) I remember being taken to the museum by my sister.
c) I remember myself being taken to the museum by my sister
29. What is the correct active form of ‘Your word should be kept’?
a) You must keep your word
b) Keep your word
c) You are requested to keep your word
√d) You should keep your word
30. Correct voice of ‘Pluck me a flower’.
a) A flower is plucked by me.
b) Le a flower is plucked by me.
√c) Let a flower be plucked for me.
d) Let a flower is plucked for me.
31. The correct passive from of ‘We do not hate the poor’
√a) The poor are not hated by us
b) The poor is not hated by us.
c) The poor is not done to be hated by us
d) We are not hated by the poor.
32. Who has beaten you? (passive)
√a) By whom have you been beaten?
b) Whom have you been by beaten?
c) By whom have been be beaten
d) By who has you been beaten?
33. A song was sung by Rupa (change the voice)
a) Rupa was sung a song
b) Rupa sings a song
√c) Rupa sang a song
d) Rupa sung a song
34. Identify the correct passive form of ‘They are breaking the pitcher.’
√a) The pitcher is being broken by them
b) The pitcher are being broken by them
c) The pitcher are broken by them
d) The pitcher is broken by them
35. ‘When will you return the book?’ Its passive form is:
a) When the book will you be returned ?
√b) When will the book be returned ?
c) When will be you returned the book ?
d) None of these
36. The correct active form of ‘I was deceived by the stranger’ is:
a) The stranger deceives me.
b) The stranger has deceived me.
√c) The stranger deceived me.
d) The stranger had deceived me.
37. What is the active form of ‘Evening dress will be worn’?
√a) Guests will wear evening dress
b) Guests will be worn evening dress
c) Guest will worn evening dress
d) None of the above
38. Change the voice of the sentence: ‘I saw a bird flying in the sky.’
√a) A bird was seen flying in the sky by me.
b) The sky was seen flying a bird by me
c) A bird were seen flying in the sky by me
d) The sky were seen flying a bird by me
39. The passive form of the sentence ‘I am going to buy a car’ is:
a) A car is going to be bought by me.
b) A car is being gone to buy by me.
c) A car is being gone to be bought by me
√d) A car is going to be bought by me.
40. A cat was stalking a bird in my garden.
a) A bird was being stalking by a cat in my garden
b) A bird was stalked by a cat in my garden
c) In my garden a bird was stalked by a cat
√d) A bird was being stalked by a cat in my garden
41. English is spoken all over the world.
a) The world speaks English all over
b) The English speak English all over the world
√c) People speak English all over the world
d) All over the world the English speaks the English
42. He is said to be very rich.
a) He said he is very rich.
√b) People say he is very rich.
c) He said it is very rich.
d) People say it is very rich.
43. The countrymen made him king.
a) King was made him by the countrymen
√b) He was made king by the countrymen.
c) He was king made by the countrymen.
d) King is he who was made by the countrymen.
44. He suggested that smoking should be given up.
a) He suggested giving up smoking.
b) He has suggested giving up smoking.
c) He had suggested giving up smoking.
√d) None of these
45. ‘People always remember the patriots.’
a) The patriots will always be remembered by people.
b) The patriot are always being remembered.
c) People are always remembered by the patriots.
√d) The patriots are always remembered.
46. He is said to be very rich.
a) He said he is very rice
√b) People say he is very rich
c) He said it is very rich.
d) People say it is very rich.
47. We elected him Mayor.
a) He elected Mayor by us.
√b) He was elected Mayor by us.
c) The Mayor was elected by us
d) He is elected by us.
48. He dispensed with my services. (passive)
a) My services was dispensed by him.
b) My services were dispensed by him.
√c) My services were dispensed with by him
d) My services were dispensed at by him.
49. I know that he did the work. (passive)
a) It is known by me that he did the work
b) It is known to me that he did the work.
c) It is known to me that the work has been done by me
√d) It is known to me that the work was done by him.
50. The passive form of ‘Are you doing the sums?’
a) Do the sums being done by you?
√b) Are the sums being done by you?
c) Are the sums being do by you?
d) Are the sums doing by you ?
51. Make the sentence passive: Who wrote this?
a) This is written by who?
b) By who was this written?
c) Whom was this written?
√d) By whom was this written?
52. Identify the correct passive form: ‘Open the window.’
a) The window should be opened
√b) Let the window be opened
c) The window must be opened
d) Let the window be opened by you
53. Do you imitate others?
√a) Are others imitated by you?
b) Are others being imitated by you?
c) Were others being imitated by you?
d) Have others been imitated by you?
54. Please help me.
a) You were requested to help me.
b) You are being requested to help me.
√c) You are requested to help me.
d) You have been requested to help me.
55. We hope that we shall win the match.
a) The match is hoped to be won
b) Match wining is our hope
√c) It is hoped that the match will be won by us
d) Wining the match is hoped by us.
56. The correct passive form of the sentence- ‘Answer the questions correctly’ is:
√a) Let the questions be answered correctly
b) Questions are to be answered correctly
c) Let the questions answered correctly
d) Let the questions correctly be answered
57. The correct passive form of ‘Did he write the book?’ is:
√a) Was the book written by him?
b) By him was the book write?
c) Who the book written?
d) The book wrote him
58. Who opned the door? (Make it passive)
a) By whom the door was opened?
b) By whom was opened the door?
c) The door was opened by whom?
√d) By Whom was the door opened?
59. The passive form of ‘The news shocked him’.
a) He was shocked by the news
√b) He was shocked at the news
c) He was shocked with the news
d) He was shocked on the news
60. Change the voice: I have a red cat.
a) A red cat is Possessed by me.
b) A red cat has been had by me.
√c) A red cat belongs to me.
d) A red cat is to be had by me.
61. ‘He died of fever’. The passive form is:
a) a fever caused his to die
b) Fever caused him to dead
√c) He was caused to die of fever
d) His death was caused with fever.
62. ‘Honey is sweet when it is tasted’. (active)
√a) Honey tastes sweet
b) Honey is sweet is taste
c) Honey makes sweet
d) Honey feels sweet
63. Correct passive form of ‘Apan is writing a letter’ is:
a) A letter is written by Apan.
b) A letter has been written by Apan
√c) A letter is being written by Apan
d) A letter is written by Apan
64. Choose the right passive form of ‘Who will pay him’?
a) Who will be paid him?
b) Who would be paid him?
c) Whom he will be paid?
√d) By whom will he be paid?
65. What is the passive voice: Do away with it.
√a) Let it be done away with
b) Let it has been done away with it.
c) Let it is to be done away with
d) Let it has to do away with.
66. Choose the correct Passive Voice.
√a) I was annoyed at his conduct
b) I was annoyed by his conduct
c) He was annoyed me at his conduct
d) I am annoyed at his conduct
67. Passive form of the sentence: Let her sing a song.
√a) Let a song be sung by her.
b) Let a song be and by her
c) Let a song sing by her
d) Let a song sung by her
68. Passive form of the sentence: I can recite the poem.
a) Recitation of the poem is possible by me
b) The poem could be recited by me
√c) The poem can be recited by me
d) Recitation of the poem can be performed by me
69. Which one of the following is the correct passive sentence?
a) The signal was opened by the traffic police.
√b) The signal is being opened by the traffic police.
c) The signal was being opened by the traffic police
d) The signal was to be opened by the traffic police.
70. Passive form of the sentence: Take care of your health.
a) Let your health taken care of.
b) Health is taken care by you.
c) Let you health taken care
√d) Let your health be taken care of
71. Transform into passive voice- ‘I play football’.
√a) Football is played by me
b) Football has been played by me
c) Football is being played by me
d) Football was played by me
72. Passive form of the sentence: Shall I ever forget those happy days ?
√a) Will those happy days be ever forgotten
b) Will those happy days be never forgotten
c) Shall those happy days be never forgotten
d) Are those happy days be never forgotten
73. The following sentences were changed as directed. Which one of them is correct?
a) Health is wealth (Interrogative): Isn’t health wealth?
b) I saw him singing a song (passive): He sang a song.
√c) He is competent for the post (Negative): He is not incompetent for the post.
d) None of these.
74. ‘The old sailor saw the companions fall down dead’. (Make it passive)
a) The companions were seen fall dead by the old sailor
b) The companions see to fall down dead by the old sailor
√c) The companions were seen to fall down dead by the old sailor
d) The companions see fall down dead by the old sailor
75. ‘He was marvelled at the beauty of the girl’ (Make it active)
a) Beauty of the girl marvelled him
√b) The beauty of the girl marvelled him
c) Gril’s beauty marvelled him
d) Girl’s beauty made him marvelled
76. ‘My pocket has been picked.’ (Make it active)
a) Someone has been picked by pocket.
√b) Someone has picked my pocket.
c) Someone have picked by pocket.
√d) Somebody has picked my pocket.
77. ‘Kabir is reading this book’ (Make it passive)
√a)This book is being read by kabir
b) This book is being reading by kabir
c) This book is reading by kabir
b) This book is read by kabir
78. ‘Who opened the door ?’ (Make it passive)
a) By whom the door was opened?
b) By whom was opened the door?
c) The door was opened by whom?
√d) By whom was the door opened?
79. ‘He pleased us.’ (Make it passive)
a) We were pleased by him
b) We were pleased to him.
√c) We were pleased with him
d) We were pleased upon him.
80. Which is the correct change of voice of the sentence ‘Do away with it’?
a) Let it do away with
√b) Let it be done away with
c) Let it be do away with
d) Let it have been done away with
81. Identify the right passive voice of ‘It is impossible to do this.’
a. Doing this is impossible
√b. This is impossible to be done.
c. This is must be done.
d. This can’t be done.
82. The correct passive form of “You must shut these doors” is:
a. These must be shut doors
b. Shut the doors you must
c. Shut must be the doors
√d. These doors must be shut.
83. I know him. (Make it passive)
a. He is known by me
b. He was known to me
c. He has been known by me
√d. He is known to me
84. Choose the correct form (passive) of ‘Who will do the work?’
a. Who will be done the work?
b. Who will done the work?
√c. By whom will the work be done?
d. Whom will the work be done?
85. Identify the correct passive form of ‘He is going to open a shop.’
a. He is being gone to open a shop
b. A shop is being gone opened by him
c. A shop will be opened by him
√d. A shop is going to be opened by him
86. Identify the correct passive form of ‘Open the window’.
a. Window should be opened.
√b. Let the window be opened.
c. Let the window be opened by you.
d. The window must be opened.
87. The Parthenon is said –– created in the Age of Pericles.
a. to have become
b. to have begun
√c. to have been
d. to have been begun
88. The passive form of the sentence ‘Some children were helping the wounded man’ is:
a. The wounded man was helped by some children.
b. The wounded man was helping some children.
√c. The wounded man was being helped by some children
d. The wounded man was to be helped by some children
89. The best passive form of the sentence: ‘We don’t like dishonest people.’
a. We are not liked by dishonest people.
b. Dishonest people are not like us.
√c. Dishonest people are not liked by us.
d. Dishonest people are not of our liking.
90. The correct sentence of the following-
√a. A new cabinet has been sworn in Dhaka
b. A new cabinet has been sworn at Dhaka.
c. A new cabinet has been sworn by in Dhaka.
d. A new cabinet has sworn in Dhaka.
91. The correct passive of ‘Sheila was writing a letter” is:
a. A letter was writing by Sheila
b. A letter was being writing by Sheila.
√c. A letter was being written by Sheila.
d. A letter was been written by Sheila.
92. Many books ––– about success, but one of the best is by Dale Carnegie.
a. have written
√b. have been written
c. had written
d. has writte
93. ‘Do not tell a lie.’ Change into passive voice.
a. Let not a lie be tell.
b. Let a lie not be tell.
√c. Let a lie not be told.
d. None of these
94. ‘Whom do you want?’ Change into passive.
a. By whom you are wanted?
b. By whom are you wanted?
c. Whom is wanted by you?
√d. Who is wanted by you?
95. The art of cooking ––– in ancient India.
a. is perfected
b. will perfect
c. were perfected
√d. was perfected
96. The correct passive form of ‘Does he speak English well?’ is:
a. Is English spoke well by him?
b. Was English spoken well by him?
√c. Is English spoken well by him?
d. Is English spoken well to him?
97. Clothing made by Bangladeshi workers are –– by millions of consumers around the world.
a. clad √b. worn c. dressed d. wore
98. Select the correct passive form of: We insist on punctuality in this office.
a. Punctuality is insisted on in this office
b. Punctuality should be insisted in this office
√c. Punctuality is insisted in this office
d. Punctuality is to be insisted on in this office.
99. Choose the correct passive sentence:
a. The meeting is to be reschedule.
√b. The meeting is to be rescheduled
c. The meeting is to rescheduled
d. The meeting to be rescheduled.
100. Change the voice: The inmates of the juvenile home ____ well by their caretakers.
√a. were not being treated
b. were not treating
c. have not being treated
d. was not being treated